Sure, you have also heard the phrase SSL Certificate on websites, what is an SSL certificate?
First, we should know that Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is an abbreviation of Secure Sockets Layer. This is a global technology security standard that creates an encrypted link between the web server and the browser. This link ensures that all data exchanged between the web server and the browser is secure and secure.
SSL ensures that all data transmitted between web servers and browsers is private, separate. SSL is an industry standard used by millions of websites for the protection of online transactions with their customers.
The SSL Certificate on the website of the business allows customers to access can verify the authenticity and reliability of the website, ensure all data, exchange information between the website and customers are encrypted, Avoid the risk of interference.
Browser how to check whether an SSL is real work or not?
When the Website sends the browser an SSL certificate, the browser sends the certificate to a server hosting the approved certificates. These servers are established by reputable companies like GlobalSign, VeriSign.
Technically, SSL uses public-key encryption. This technique allows the Website and the Browser to agree (step 4 in the image above) a set of keys to be used during the subsequent communication.
The lock will change each time the next transaction is executed, another person will not be able to decrypt it even if the certificate server’s certificate data is available.
What are the benefits of using SSL?
- Website validation, transaction.
- Enhance the image, brand and reputation of the business.
- Secure transactions between customers and enterprises, system access services.
- Secure webmail and applications such as Outlook Web Access, Exchange, and Office Communication Server.
- Secure virtual applications such as the Citrix Delivery Platform or cloud computing applications.
- Secure FTP service.
- Security access control panel.
- Secure internal data transfer services, file sharing, extranet.
- Secure VPN Access Servers, Citrix Access Gateway …
Read more other post: